At Prime Dental we strive to offer the personal and oral care of the highest quality. To provide this high quality treatment with maximum comfort and efficiency we have access the most current technology.
Low Dose Digital X-Rays
Low dose, digital x-rays have surpassed their film counterparts, and represent a safer, more efficient and detailed form of x-ray technology. Using 90% less radiation than film x-rays , digital x-rays can also be viewed moments after completion, on the computer screen. This allows for us to view and explain potential problem areas while you watch in a more efficient and detailed manner.
Cone Beam Computed Tomography ( CBCT), is a special type of x-ray equipment that is used to produce three dimensional images of your teeth, bone, soft tissues, and nerve pathways in a single scan.
Images obtained with CBCT allow for more precise assessment and treatment planning.
Essential for more complex cases that involve:
- Surgical planning for impacted wisdom teeth
- Diagnosing temporomandibular joint disorder
- Assessment and safe placement of dental implants.
The OPG is an excellent screening tool that can detect problems that may be missed with smaller routinely used dental radiographs. Some of its uses include,
- Detect damage to the bones supporting the teeth, often resulting from trauma or gum disease
- Identify dental injuries such as broken bones and tooth roots
- Detect teeth that are abnormally placed or that don’t break through the gums properly (impacted teeth)
- Detect cysts, tumours, or abscesses
- Help plan treatment for large or extensive cavities, root canal surgery, placement of dental implants, orthodontics, and removal of wisdom teeth.
The CEREC machine is the highly coveted, latest innovation in CAD/CAM technology. This enables inlays, onlays, crowns, bridges and veneers to be created and administered not only at our practice, in a single sitting, but more efficiently and accurately than before. Upon taking an exact model of your tooth/teeth, with a precise digital simulation created by your dentist, CEREC creates a accurate porcelain restoration while you wait. This machine allows for more detailed, durable and aesthetically pleasing restorations which will give a seamless solution to your smile.